   Re: [xml-dev] XML Diff Markup

You will find a solution to this at [1] below. DeltaXML finds the
changes and represents these as XML, or you can generate the changes
yourself (not so easy!).

It handles ordered (which is the default) XML data and unordered, and
you can specify keys to control correspondence between the elements
in the two files.

It will also handle 3-way edits, e.g. to synchronize two different
edit paths or update variants when the base file changes. See [3]

There is an assessment of similar software at [2] which assesses
speed, accuracy of delta files and ease of integration, based on
40000 XML files found on the web.

DeltaXML is in the form of a Java API for embedding, and it handles
large files (50Mb+). It is not free, but of course you can have a
free evaluation. Do contact me direct for more info.

Robin

[1] http://www.deltaxml.com
[2] "A comparative study for XML change detection"
ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/verso/VersoReport-221.pdf
[3] http://www.deltaxml.com/pdf/merging-xml-files.pdf