   RelaxNG validator as a server/daemon

Hi all,

If this is slightly offtopic accept my apologies I couldn't find a better place for this.

I know some people, icnluding myself, very interested in RELAX NG as a refreshing alternative
to W3C XML Schema's, as you know there's a very good RNG validator called Jing and developed
by Jim Clark and Kohksuke Kawaguchi, Jing is written in Java.

The problem is that is somehow difficult or non-convenient to use Jing from Perl, PHP and Python
which are the languages we use in our programming activities. That's why I imagined that a Jing
daemon or server with an XML-RPC interface might be ideal in order to use Jing from different
languages.

What do we want? We want some fast-Java-coder to write an open-source Jingd server based on
Jing, it should be very very easy you just have to add the XML-RPC interface/server and make it
a daemon. (Using the XML-RPC kit from the ASF should make the whole task trivial). Then you
can just start Jingd and communicate it with it using the XML-RPC API. Note that using Java
directly from PHP/Perl/Python is very very inefficient since we'd have to load the JRE and the
Jing classes for each validation.

If someone thinks this is a good idea and wants to do it just reply something like "I'll do it, it's easy"
to prevent duplicate efforts.

Garland.

---