   Re: [xml-dev] XPointer architecture (Re: [xml-dev] XPointer and XML Sche

From: "Eric van der Vlist" <vdv@dyomedea.com>

> On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 05:01, Rick Jelliffe wrote:

> Yes and no, the architecture in which HTTP based XPointer is used is 3+
> tiers and I have focussed up to now in the interactions between the user
> agent and the server only.

But I am simply not talking about XPointer.  The term "fragment" has a use
apart from the fragment identifier of URIs: e.g. fragment interchange.

I am trying to think through some issues that relate to when a chunk
of a document has been requested by any mechanism that uses
server-side XQuery or XPath2s and the query/path uses TAI augmentations.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe