   Re: [xml-dev] URIs harmful (was RE: [xml-dev] Article: Keeping pace

Uche Ogbuji scripsit:

> > My ancestors were about as western as Europeans get, and they used
> > names to induce malefactors to commit suicide.
>
> Now that is what I call class.

Here are a few examples of Old Irish satire, that most feared of all arts:

"The first satire made in Ireland", from the story of the 2nd Battle of Mag Tuireadh.

Cen cholt for crib cernini,
Without food quickly on a dish,

cen gert ferbba fora n-asa aithrinni,
without cow's milk on which a calf thrives,

cen adba fir iar ndruba disoirchi,
without a man's dwelling after the staying of darkness,

cen dil daimi rissi,
without a storyteller band's payment,

ro sain Brisse.
so be Bres.

A 'poem to raise blisters' from Cormac's Glossary:

Maile baire gaire Caieur
Evil, death, short life to Caier

combeodutar celtra cath Caier
May battle spears slay Caier

Caier diba Caier dira Caier foro
Caier by land, Caier by earth, Caier rejected

fomara fochara Caier.
Under mound, under rocks, Caier.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        jcowan@reutershealth.com
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There are