-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Brown [mailto:mike@skew.org]

I get the impression, from Len's poetry and Simon's calling my ideas a pile of
nothing, that some are of the opinion that 'retrieval' *is* implicit in a URL
to the extent that you can't even look at a URL without trying to access the
resource at the other end, and they think this access is somehow supposed to
be the true test of a resource's identity. I do not agree at all, though I do
think that exactly how a URL is a subclass of a URI could stand to be
clarified.