   Re: [xml-dev] URIs harmful (was RE: [xml-dev] Article: Keeping pa ce

[Bullard, Claude L (Len)]

> Precisely.  If it is always dereferenceable, we do
> the least damage.  It means one has to either put
> something there, or let 404 be the Holy equivalent
> to 42.

"uri:xxx:yyy" has nothing there and when dereferenced, does not return a 404
error. Neither does "http://xxx/yyy";.  You can always try to dereference
anything including a GUID, but then

The problem of course is the net is then free
To say thing one and thing two do not be.

Admiringly yours,

Tom P