-----Original Message-----
From: Miles Sabin [mailto:miles@milessabin.com]

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote,
> In Internet Explorer, it returns among other things,
>
> 11004 - Host not found
>
> Yes.  I consider that a resolution.  It made the
> attempt and found a document to return.

OK, suppose instead that you had a browser that hung indefinitely or
crashed or exploded in similar circumstances. Is the hang or the crash
or the explosion a "document" which would count as a result? If not,
then why isn't the doc that IE renders for you just an IE
implementation detail rather than something related to the
(non-resolving) URI?