   RE: [xml-dev] XML Infosets and SOAP 1.2

7/22/2002 12:18:54 PM, "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com> wrote:

>I disagree with Mike's reply so here's my take. :)

I'm not sure where we disagree ... maybe I didn't make it clear enough that the word "infoset"
has, in my mind, two meanings:  the abstract description of the contents of an XML
message/document, and a concrete "thing" (roughly synonymous with "tree data structure" or
"DOM") that a parser produces and a DOM/JDOM/etc. program manipulates.  So "the InfoSet spec"
describes the former sense, "the infoset produced by a parser" describes the latter.

Anyway, I don't disagree with anything that Dare says here.