   RE: [xml-dev] URI schemes (was Re: [xml-dev] URIs harmful)

In spirit, that's a Public Identifier.

SGML wins. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Seairth Jacobs [mailto:seairth@seairth.com]

In the end, what I really want is something like this:

This becomes my Scheme-Independent Universal Resource Identifier (SI-URI),
totally independent of the scheme. .. In all cases, the SI-URI does not
change.  It always identifies the same resource.  I can provide access to
the resource by as many or as few schemes as I want without ever changing
the global identifier.