   Re: [xml-dev] URIs harmful

Uche Ogbuji scripsit:

> Sez you.

Sez me qua deviser of the brick: URL scheme; its referents are not hyperdocuments
but bricks.

> Oh dear.  You've never had an argument with a good Solipsist, have you?

What on earth would be the point?

As the lady said to Bernard Russell:  "Of course I'm a solipsist; isn't
everyone?"

And then there's Ray Smullyan's conversation with a solipsist:

Sol: "I am the only one that exists."
Smul: "Yes, I am the only one that exists."
Sol: "No, no!  I am the only one that exists."
Smul: "Exactly.  I am, indeed, the only one that exists."
Sol: "No, no, no!  I, not you, is the one who exists!"
Smul: "Just what I say myself -- I, not you, is the one who exists."
Etc.

> I hope we can agree to neither agree nor disagree.

I'm afraid I can't agree with you there.

--
John Cowan                              <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
http://www.reutershealth.com            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan