   functional programming and xml

"bryan" writes:
>Are there any good books on functional programming out there that also have a fair bit of connection
> to working with xml?

> Don’t need more xslt books, although yes as Dimitre Novatchev  has demonstrated amply enough
> it is a functional language.

Unfortunately, there are not any books on functional programming which have any substantial coverage of XML-related programming--yet. The forthcoming "How To Use Scheme" from Matthias Felleisen and the PLT team. will likely have some coverage of XML and web servlet programming. But at this point, almost all of what has been written has been published as conference papers, journal articles and the occasional thesis. If you aren't aware of my site, I have collected together a "Reading List" of publications on functional programming and XML: http://readscheme.org/xml-web/. I have collected together many publications on web and XML programming in Scheme, Haskell, and SML.

Jim Bender