   RE: [xml-dev] URIs and Names on the Web

> "why these life forms didn't used URNs (Universal Resource Names) to
> name things". Maybe they are not evolved enough to make the distinction
> between names and locations. We'll come back to this planet when they
> will be more evolved :-)"

Like when you're called by the good doctor's office and they verify your
name (AKA identity) by referring to you physical address (AKA location)?

To me, location and name are both synonyms for identity; locations and names
just describe identity in a different way.  Thus, it should be valid to use
one or the other whenever the identity of **a thing** is required.

But I think that's what you're saying all along

--
Jimmy Cerra
jfcst24 AT stargate DOT pitt DOT edu NO-DOT

"my mind is slipping away...
                   ...day by glorious day"
Robin Gorkin