   RE: [xml-dev] URIs again and again ....

> The tautology "Uniform Resource Identifers uniformly identify resources"
> is ... well, tautological..................

You made my day. :-)

> But not if they're used as namespace names.

How about lobbing Mr. Burns-Lee, or TPTB, to change the XML Namespace
specification so that they reference "a unique string" that identifies that
particular namespace (and not specifically a URI)?

Btw, I set up a poll - since nobody else did (to my knowledge):

http://shouldnamespaceshaveuris.freepolls.com/cgi-bin/polls/001/poll_center.
htm

--
Jimmy Cerra
BEGIN-E-MAIL jfcst24 AT stargate DOT pitt DOT edu END

"my mind is slipping away...
                   ...day by glorious day"
Robin Gorkin