-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Borden [mailto:jborden@attbi.com]

URIs are names on the Web. Moreover to the extent that we can compare the
Web to a language, URIs are its words.

I'd like to name things on the Web. Not just 'documents' but I'd like to be
able to name everyday things like "cars" and "people" and talk about them on
the Web. So the questions are: Can we do this? How should we go about doing
this?

When I use URIs I use URI that have the HTTP scheme i.e. start with "http:".
This is for the simple reason that I have easy access to several HTTP
servers, and good software that manipulates HTTP URIs.