   Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question (was Re: [xml-dev] URIs and Nameson th

I don't know if the questions can be un-asked, but I think xml-dev is
wasting quite a bit of time in debating the philosophy without really
having concrete alternatives in place to focus the debate.  There are a
bunch of issues conflated here: whether the confusion cost of using URIs
as names is too high; whether it's harmful to use HTTP URIs to refer to
anthing but bags of bits; and more.  I give up on each new subject line
20 or 30 messages in.

If somebody wants to make concrete proposals for changes in the
infrastructure to address these problems, that would be helpful, and it
might add to the quality of discourse around here too. -Tim