   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete

John Cowan wrote:
> Well, to me it suggests that the meaning of bar is relative to the meaning
> of foo, but the meaning of baz:foo is not necessarily.  The xml:lang is
> a good example (means the same thing everywhere) and likewise with html:class.

Careful. I'd say that given:

<foo>
  <bar />
</foo>

The "meaning" of "bar" might be relative to the meaning of "foo" regardless of namespace qualitifation. Similarly the meaning of "html:class" might be relative to whatever document it finds itself in, and particularly would depend on who and what is assigning meaning to the document and its contents. XML without context is _text_ and has no specific meaning. Of course that is just but one interpretation.

Jonathan