-----Original Message-----
From: Winchel 'Todd' Vincent III [mailto:winchel@mindspring.com]

If practical experience matters, I have implemented a system where we use
URIs as namespaces and (1) the URIs have (domain-specific) meaning and (2)
there are a number of (fixed) resources at the end of the URIs.

I find there are a great number of advantages to this system.  This is not
to say that namespaces that are URIs *must* have meaning or have (fixed)
resource(s) at the end of them (that would be contrary to the spec, after
all), it is simply to say that if you do so and can get others to follow the
system, there are benefits.