   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete

Simon St.Laurent scripsit:

> Developers who follow my suggestion should be extremely unlikely to
> create the brain-dead <x:foo bar="junk" x:bar="junque"> or even <x:foo
> x:bar="junk">, thereby averting the continued creation of a larger mess.

Note that RDF *demands* that attributes be namespaced; the control ones
like id, about, resource *must* belong to the RDF namespace, and the
others that represent actual RDF properties (an optional use, you can
use elements instead) *must* belong to a namespace other than the RDF one.

Furthermore, XLink being an attribute-only architecture requires namespaced
attributes.

So please don't make general-purpose XML tools that outlaw namespaced
attributes!

--
John Cowan        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan          jcowan@reutershealth.com
Please leave your values        |       Check your assumptions.  In fact,