len

From: amyzing@talsever.com [mailto:amyzing@talsever.com]

(barbecue, as practiced through most of the south, is pork ribs, with a
sauce (of varying hotness and thickness) based on tomatos.  In Texas, as far
as I can tell, a rack of pigs' ribs isn't impressive enough, so they go for
cows ... roughly the same sauce.  In the coastal carolinas, the term
"barbecue" refers to shredded pork treated with a vinegar-based sauce
(sometimes called "white barbecue") and usually served as a sandwich.  Look,
folks can't even agree on what *barbecue* is, how will they ever agree on
other, less pressing issues?)