   Registration of xmlns Media Feature Tag

I wrote an Internet-Draft back in February, with Ian Graham's help, and
it's getting close to expiring.  I'd appreciate feedback from xml-dev
folks on whether the project is worth pursuing further, and if any
modifications are needed before submitting the registration.

> This document specifies an xmlns Media Feature per RFC 2506 [5] for
> identifying some or all of the URIs defining XML namespaces [14] in a
> given XML resource, and the relative importance of these namespaces.
> This feature is designed primarily for use with the XML Media Types
> defined in RFC 3023 [12], to provide additional hints as to the
> processing requirements of a given XML resource.

<http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stlaurent-feature-xmlns-02.txt>

Bascially, the notion is that the MIME headers could provide additional
information to applications ahead of time regarding the namespaces used
in a given document.  While I don't expect this to sweep the world, it
seems like information that could be particularly useful for a variety
of projects which support a particular set of namespaces but not others
or which need to negotiate which vocabulary should be used in a given
conversation.
--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!