   Re: [xml-dev] so many options no idea where to begin

Rick Jones scripsit:

> It could simpy be that I don't understand what include is supposed to
> do. I'm thinking of it with a C programming mind set - include a
> fraction of a program/definitions, but not something that is a complete
> program in and of itself. I'm getting the impression that is not quite
> what XInclude is about - it seems to be about including an entire
> document (its root and all) as a child element (correct term?) of
> another document.

Right.  The xi:include element is replaced by the whole of the specified
document.  Eventually there will be methods of bringing in part of a document,
but they involve XPointer, which isn't quite fully cooked yet.

> XSDL - XML Schemas?

Yes: XML Schema Definition Language.  Other folks write WXS for W3C
XML Schemas.

--
Her he asked if O'Hare Doctor tidings sent from far	John Cowan
coast and she with grameful sigh him answered that	www.ccil.org/~cowan