   Re: [xml-dev] so many options no idea where to begin

Rick Jones scripsit:

> It could simpy be that I don't understand what include is supposed to
> do. I'm thinking of it with a C programming mind set - include a
> fraction of a program/definitions, but not something that is a complete
> program in and of itself. I'm getting the impression that is not quite
> what XInclude is about - it seems to be about including an entire
> document (its root and all) as a child element (correct term?) of
> another document.

Right.  The xi:include element is replaced by the whole of the specified
document.  Eventually there will be methods of bringing in part of a document,
but they involve XPointer, which isn't quite fully cooked yet.

> XSDL - XML Schemas?

Yes: XML Schema Definition Language.  Other folks write WXS for W3C
XML Schemas.

Her he asked if O'Hare Doctor tidings sent from far	John Cowan
coast and she with grameful sigh him answered that	www.ccil.org/~cowan
O'Hare Doctor in heaven was. Sad was the man that word	www.reutershealth.com
to hear that him so heavied in bowels ruthful. All	jcowan@reutershealth.com
she there told him, ruing death for friend so young,
algate sore unwilling God's rightwiseness to withsay.	_Ulysses_, "Oxen"