   Re: [xml-dev] Doubt

If you want to describe 1:many relationship, you can do so using
element-subelement, for example, if there is a 1:many from A to B in your
example,  say it in your DTD as:

root -> B*
B -> (B.1, B.2, A*)
A -> (A.1, A.2)

In the above the relationship from B to A is not captured, however.

Also, if you would like to capture many:many relationships or
relationships such as B to A, then we need to be able to specify foreign
keys, which are not possible using DTDs alone. Rather the current
constraint specification (used as the basis for specifying relationships
in databases and mostly will be used in XML) has not matured fully as yet,
and hence there exist limitations.

cheers and regards - murali.

		      How much is an hour of your time worth?
                 Work An Hour for Underprivileged Children in India
                            http://www.workanhour.com