   Re: [xml-dev] Path/XSLT processor - DOM Input

To generalize my answer to your similar question in sablist:

XPath/XSLT processors usually accept "DOM trees" created with the same
toolkit. For C/C++ engines, Xalan C++ accepts Xerces's trees, libxslt
accepts libxml's trees, and Sablotron accepts Sablotron/DOM trees.

Then, you can of course translate an "unknown tree" to the one your
processor understands to. This requires to scan a tree node by node and
to build a new tree; it wouldn't be too efficient.

Moreover, with Sablotron and its SXP interface you can work with
"virtual" trees that can be mapped e.g. to unknown DOM trees. The
difference from the previous approach is that you don't touch all nodes
but only those really needed for your transformation/query.

Regards,
Petr

nirmalts wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there any XPath/XSLT processor (C/C++) available,
>which accepts a DOM tree as input?
>I know one - Xalan-C++ - but the Xalan performance is
>poor with DOM input. Any other processors?
>
>Nirmal

Petr Cimprich
Ginger Alliance
www.gingerall.com