   RE: [xml-dev] Subtyping in XML

I thought someone else would note that the DTD

<!ELEMENT MY-NON-BOOLEAN ((TRUE | FALSE)?, (TRUE | FALSE))>

is nondeterministic and therefore not allowed by XML Schema.  Or does it
matter?

I guess if the point is that XML doesn't map ideally to objects, then a
particular choice of schema language is moot.  But binding XML to object
data (and back) seems in general easier than, say, porting object data to
relational models (and plenty of people are still doing that).

What is the argument? That XML should be XML, objects should be objects, and
database tables should remain tables?  But they won't stay in their little
respective corners!   If the argument is instead that all data model
mappings should be carefully crafted on a case-by-case basis, then
personally I'm very dissatisfied with that prescription.  The natural order
of things is that complexity breeds simplicity by necessity.  Did I miss an
alternative solution somewhere?