   RE: [xml-dev] Top 10 commercial XML vocabularies?

Title: RE: [xml-dev] Top 10 commercial XML vocabularies?

I think I can provide some helpful information:

In terms of vocabularies and ebXML, I believe you should anticipate UBL (Universal Business Language), which is currently being developed under OASIS.  From the UBL Charter (reference to ebXML):

<Excerpt>
To harmonize UBL as far as practical with the ebXML specifications approved in Vienna (May 2001), with the work of the Joint Core Components initiative (a joint project of ANSI ASC X12 and the UN/EDIFACT Working Group), and with the work of other appropriate business information bodies.

</Excerpt>

Continuing ebXML efforts (both under OASIS and under UN/CEFACT) are not developing a "business vocabulary" in the sense that you are referencing.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
LMI
Member, OASIS UBL TC