   Re: [xml-dev] re: XML SIG 17 September: Elliotte Rusty Harold on What's

> You can do a lot of things by consuming ContentHandler, but none of
> that is a  part of SAX. SAX is a read-only API on top of which many
> applications can be built. Don't confuse the application you built
> with SAX itself.

I would be interested to know hwere the API line is drawn. The helpers that
come /with/ the SAX API or /as part of/ the SAX API clearly allow you to add
attributes (AttributesImpl). Thus according to the API, it is implied that
any implemention could very easily have the ability to add attributes. In
fact, I can't think of a single implementation that doesn't have this
ability at least internally.

It is an interesting point all the same, can you elaborate here? I don't
think I can make it to Manhattan-- though I would love to.

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting