   Re: [xml-dev] re: XML SIG 17 September: Elliotte Rusty Harold on

Elliotte Rusty Harold scripsit:

> Hmm, I just checked the OSD, and I think an API absolutely can be
> open source. In IDL or Java, an API is (or at least can be) code,
> like any other code, and thus can be published under the GPL, LGPL,
> BSD, Apache, artistic, etc. licenses.

A good OSI Certified (SM) license for the purpose, IMHO, is the W3C license
(http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software-19980720).  It's
basically an MIT/BSD license, but requires documentation of changes.
Specifically, the DOM Level 2 license, which incorporates this license,
says that if you change the interface, you have to change the package
from org.w3c.dom to something else.

--
There is / One art                      John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
No more / No less                       http://www.reutershealth.com