   Re: [xml-dev] [Fwd: The problems with Xlink for integration langu ages]

At 09:54 PM 9/13/2002 +0000, Arjun Ray wrote:
>Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com> wrote:
>| At 04:34 PM 9/13/2002 -0500, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>
>|> That is a consensus of the uninformed, Ann. [...] The question here is
>|> simple:  are these arc forms renamed and slightly weakened such that
>|> what we end up with is more complicated and less powerful?
>
>| Single word answer (direct from the chair): No.
>
>Is the chair sufficiently acquainted, with either ArchForms or the
>proposals on the now defunct w3c-xml-sig list, to make such a categorical
>statement?  Or is it simply a priori belief?

Yes, he is -- I think he has sufficiently proven background to make such a
statement.

However, this question seriously misses the point of the HLink exercise --
which is to get functionality that we require when the technology that was
created to allegedly do this failed to provide it.

Substantive comments on the proposal itself are certainly welcome.

Ann