   Re: [xml-dev] [Fwd: The problems with Xlink for integration langu ages]

> At 09:35 PM 9/13/2002 +0000, Arjun Ray wrote:
> >Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com> wrote:
> >
> >| The point of the message is the linking examples, not an ideological
> >| argument about application construction.
> >
> >The lesson from the message is that namespaces and colonification are
> >
> >   ***   *B* *R* *O* *K* *E* *N*   ***
> >
> >The pope and his nuncio, of course, aren't listening.  And so WGs are
> >caught in the toils of a disaster not of their own making.
>

> Exactly.
>
> We're rowing with the oars that we have. Until decisions are made to fix
> other things, we have no choice but to keep toiling. See TAG and Namespaces
> 1.1 Last Call to fix that situation.

The HTML WG is contradicting itself.

You seem to be claiming that you have no mandate to develop an AF-like
solution.

If so, how is it that you have a mandate to create something with as much
wheel-reinvention as HLink?

As I see it, if you are authorized to develop HLink, then you are authorized
to develop it rightly.

Apache 2.0 API - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-apache/
Basic XML and RDF techniques for knowledge management, Part 7 -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think12.html
Keeping pace with James Clark - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/libra
ry/x-jclark.html