   RE: [xml-dev] How :: Using XML on VMS operating system on alpha

Hello,

> Information Needed
>
>  1) Is there any other parser i can use in C language on VMS OS ?

if you mean an XSLT processor....try sablotron www.gingerall.com, as for xml
parser...it is dependent on trusty expat.

another option is the libxml / libxslt option
http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/
which is quite a good implementation

>  2) Which one of these is better for the reasons of ease of use,
> performance
> etc ?  Recommendations..

sablotron tends to be ok, there used to be some gaps in their XSLT 1.0
compabitibility and/or their implementation of document() basically means
your external file calls ( they use slightly different file addressing
convention to the rest of the XSLT processors and last time i checked did
not support http:// protocol ..but this may have changed ).

check out the following benchmark results
http://www.datapower.com/xml_community/xsltmark_results.html
though of course take them with a grain of salt....

>  3) Where can i get some sample code and 'How to" for JAXP1.1, Xerces and
> Perl scripts ?

google....no but seriously there is no dedicated site that caters for this
triplet of technologies.

there are some nice JAXP examples at saxon's site, saxon.sourceforge.net.
Note there is not a one to one c equivilent to JAXP.

 I would imagine Xerces ( which i dont touch with a barge pole ) would have
plenty of examples at xml.apache.org ??? have u not checked ???? as for
perl...depends on what level you are interested, for example the now Apache
AxKit project ( xml.apache.org ) is a perfect 'example' of a sophisticated
PERL based application using btw sablotron or perl.

3 article by same author who is good illustrating the various Perl and XML
processing libraries/api's.
latest
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/08/21/perl-xml.html
an update perl article