   Re: [xml-dev] Don't Let Architecture Astronauts Scare You

On Tuesday 17 September 2002 15:04, Maciejewski, Thomas wrote:
> heh ,
>
> I have also noticed in these design meetings that people tend to reinvent
> the wheel.  Not so much because they are not happy with the wheel but more
> because out of in experience they dont know that the wheel exists.  So they
> invent it again and think that they have accomplished a great feat.

I see that a lot. When I look at all the 'new' technologies today, I see many
things we were doing in the 50s and 60s, just under a different name...

I'd make history compulsory in a compsci course, myself. So much to learn,
and we need to respect our history more. Due to advances in hardware and the
hyperbole of software companies we're so used to last year's stuff being
ridiculed and laughed at, let alone last decade's!

ABS

--
A city is like a large, complex, rabbit
 - ARP