   RE: [xml-dev] Don't Let Architecture Astronauts Scare You

> this has to do with quality.
> I think demming or one of those quality people have a bunch to say about
> this.
>
> what is a better hamburger McDonalds or the one at the sparks
> steak house in
> NYC.
>
> One may be better but the McDonalds hamburger is known world wide.  It is
> pretty consistent also.  When you go to a McDonalds you know what you are
> getting for the most part.
>
> Which is designed better ???
>
> depends whose perspective you are looking at it from.  Ray Crock has
> benefited from the McDonalds burger
>
> people seem to purchase more McDonalds burgers
>
> I think it was designed just right
> and probably close to the spec with reproducible results

well certainly from a user's perspective, then the burger should satisfy
hunger, be nutritionally beneficially and be very tasty.

unfortunately, as with many software situations, the requirements for the
user of the system are completely divergent to other seemingly *important*
system principles.

and this is how we live in a world upside down, where people actually think
that a burger is *better* when its metric is one of amount sold......

cheers, jim fuller