From: Rick Jelliffe [mailto:ricko@allette.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 4:50 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Don't Let Architecture Astronauts Scare You

Alexander apparrantly thinks his qualities (such as the Quality Without A
Name)
reflect basic human/psychological (and religious/aesthetic) truths:
interesting patterns are anthoprological rather than ideological or
artistic.

For example, his pattern that the vertical space in a room should
be in reverse to it privacy and intimicy (a bedroom should have
a low ceiling, a railway concourse should have a high ceiling) is
something that could be tested: hook people up to some meter
of comfort and see how people feel in a crowded room with
a low ceiling, and so on.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe