   Re: [xml-dev] strange feeling

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 13:11, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Just don't credit me with it.  I can't remember
> where I heard that one first, but the problem
> has been around as long as there have been
> developers with itchy coding fingers.  No
> doubt, every technology that lasts more than
> a generation has that problem.

One of the main reasons for that is portions of undocumented knowledge not
being passed to new generations. Reasons that may lead to (either good or
bad) decisions are hidden behind the profile of a standard; people around my
age receive the status quo, not the creative thought.

This of cource is more visible on technology and anything evolves on
abstraction layers; the same work (and perhaps, mistakes) is done over and
over again. But it's unavoidable, since the human brain needs the abstraction
layers to provide a non-bloated area for creativity, till complexity makes
everyone call this layer "low level" and accept it's status (quo). Such a
layer has accepted too much investment to abandon, even if it's bloated.

Cheers,

Manos