   Re: [xml-dev] strange feeling

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
| In a message dated 18/09/2002 21:39:31 GMT Daylight Time, clbullar@ingr.com
| writes:

|> Jean Paoli (MS), was not part of the SGML community?

He was only recently MS too.  Weren't his SGML days at Grif?

| I seem to recall that Tim stated somewhere that Jean Paoli didn't actually do
| any editing of the XML 1.0 Recommendation, despite the claim to the contrary
| in the document itself.

The First Draft (Nov 96) was the stellar work of Tim and Michael Sperberg-
McQueen (both "invited experts" rather than company reps).  Some time in
97, Tim disclosed that he had recently agreed to be on a consulting
retainer to Netscape.  That got his name *off* the spec - well, you figure
out why that happened.  And what deal got his name back on again ;-)