   Re: [xml-dev] what is xml used for?

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, 80151403 GholamiPour.AmirHossein wrote:

> Hello
> I hope you all are well!
> It is two months that I have learned xml and I rarely used it.
> The reason that I have rarely used it,is that I really don't know exactly
> what it is used for.
> I want to have overview about the usage of xml.
> I would be happy if any one of my friends help me in this case and tell me
> some of its usages.
> By the way I'm a computer engineering students and I can't make head or
> tails of commercial activities if you want to tell me some usages of xml
> in them.
> thank you very much
> AmirHossein GholamiPour

Hi,

You may find the XML Zone at dW helpful:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/

There are many other good sources. For example, see:

http://xml.coverpages.org/

If you dig-around these sites you should find practical examples of where
XML is useful.

HTH

vr

--
Akmal B. Chaudhri
Zone Editor, Open Source Projects and Special Topics