   RE: [xml-dev] Fwd: War of Attrition (was: [xml-dev] Underwhelmed(WAS: [x

9/23/2002 5:09:48 PM, "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com> wrote:

>Umm... that's pretty conspiratorial.  Lots of forces
>can drive complexity into a system.

Just a reminder/disclaimer, I was not the author of that bit, just forwarded it
to the list.

I do agree that the *intent* was probably not conspiratorial.  Still,
I'm very afraid that the *outcome* will be much as Ari noted:
"the winner will throw away the specs it used to win the battle."

<MyCanonicalRantYouAreAllSickOf>
The way to avoid that scenario is to use the minimum "profiles" of the
specs that can be understood by humans, coded by hand, and explained to
non-geeks.
</MyCanonicalRantYouAreAllSickOf>