   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Trivial Protocol for XML parsing; (pull,push &

Doug Rudder scripsit:

> It's there; it's just not obvious how to access it. In the side box there is
> a link to documentation. On the documentation page, there is a paragraph
> about the copyright and a list of white papers.  The TPX document is not one
> of the white papers listed. In order to get to it, you have to click on
> *accept* under the copyright paragraph.

Ah, I see.

> <helpfulHintToSiteDesigner>
> In order to make this page easier to find, the designer should either list
> all documents or make all documents accessible via the copyright acceptance
> link. By making some documents visible and others hidden, navigation becomes
> less than intuitive.</helpfulHintToSiteDesigner>

Furthermore, this acceptance is not necessary for copyrighted documents;
a copyright license is a unilateral act that binds the recipient of the
document unconditionally, provided the restrictions do not go beyond the
set {copy, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, make derivative
works}.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer; this is not legal advice.

--
John Cowan                                   jcowan@reutershealth.com
        "You need a change: try Canada"  "You need a change: try China"