   RE: [xml-dev] Web Services - what is the alternative? (was TAG on HLink)

Mike Champion cites Anne Thomas Manes:
> Then along came the Web. The Web solve a number of problems that have
> been a thorn in the side of SOA since the beginning. Web protocols
> are pervasive. DNS scales...

That sounds great, except that the Web is a solvent for those problems
in a totally different way than SOA is a solvent.

In short, these are oil and water, no matter how much emulsifying XML
(and I don't mean SOAP) you add to the mix.

Mixing with something because it's pervasive may be a compliment, but it
doesn't mean it's a complement.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether