   Re: [xml-dev] Rethinking namespaces, attribute remapping (was Re:[xml-de

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 15:23, Mike Champion wrote:

> So, HLink shows us a sketch of what an XLink without colonified namespaces might
> look like.

That's not a bad analysis and what I find ironical is that is a sense
one of the first applications to have shown the way is a highly
colonified one: W3C XML Schema!

The idea behind the PSVI is more or less to say that names (local or
not) do not care if you know the type and that you might use namespaces
or not if you like, it doesn't matter as long as you know the types.

HLink can be seen as a lightweight mechanism to do a similar mapping,
but it's kind of following the same path.

Do you think colons might auto-anihilate themselves at the end of the
day?

Eric
--
Rendez-vous à Paris.