   RE: [xml-dev] Rethinking namespaces, attribute remapping (was Re:[xml-de

Hi Dare,

Dare said:
When I say easy for Joe Blow to grasp I assume the XHTML working group
will produce a specific HLink mapping file which will become the de jure
standard. I wouldn't be surprised if every XHTML 2.0 user simply cut and
paste something akin to

"
hlink:definition="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/CanonicalHlinkMappings";

in the same manner people cut & paste HTML DOCTYPE decls without
understanding how they worked. I sincerely doubt that the average user
will ever need to know HLink exists or how to use it if XHTML 2.0 ships
with it.

Didier replies:
If that is the case, then why not use an architectural form DTD? Anyway,
we would have to use an external document and according to what you
said, this document would have been provided by the WG. So, we would
just have to include the DTD declaration in the XML document instance
and voila!

Cheers
Didier PH Martin