   RE: [xml-dev] Rethinking namespaces, attribute remapping (was Re:[xml-de

  • To: "Joe English" <jenglish@flightlab.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Rethinking namespaces, attribute remapping (was Re:[xml-dev] TAG on HLink)
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:36:17 -0700

We must have read different working drafts because your interpretation of how HLink is intended to be used is different from what I gathered from reading the HLink WD. If what you say is the case, then HLink is rather useless and the HTML working group might as well just hard code the meanings of the links into the XHTML 2.0 working draft's prose.

As for your comments about producers and consumers sharing knowledge about how to process a vocabulary you seem to be mixing up how XML is used in data interchange scenarios with the WWW. On the WWW there are no prearranged agreements between myself and Google when I do a HTTP GET for its front page.