   RE: [xml-dev] Rethinking namespaces, attribute remapping (was Re:[xml-de

Hi Joe

Joe said:
I thought the intent was something like: someone developing
a new XML vocabulary wants to include HLink semantics,
so includes an HLink mapping along with the rest of
the vocabulary specification (schema, documentation, etc.)
Application developers who want to use the new vocabulary
consult the HLink mapping when building their own application.
Something like how WSDL works -- web service clients don't
download WSDL at runtime, the _developer_ does when _building_
the client.

Didier replies:
Then, how an XSLT processor will recognize the mapping? Can I write a
link style sheet and re-use it in different context with HLink? The XSLT
processor needs to know that an <object> element is mapped to a link (or
that its attributes are inheriting their characteristics from links
attributes).

Can I have a template such as:

<template match="@href">
</template>

to be matched to an element'attribute if this attribute is a "src"
attribute mapped to an "href" attribute?

Now another question. If this require a remake of XSLT and if an XSLT
processor needs an external document to perform such processing, then
why not use a single external document such as a DTD and include in it
architectural form declarations?

Out of the top of my hat, take it as a koan:
"There is a whole universe in a grain of sand, but this whole universe
is also part of a beach"

Cheers
Didier PH Martin