   Re: [xml-dev] Datatypes - it's in the contract

On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 13:50, Jonathan Robie wrote:
> To me, the most fundamental reason for datatypes is to allow them to be
> part of the contract between producers and consumers of data.

I wouldn't like to live in a dull world where there is to be an explicit
contract between every producer and every consumer and where they don't
exchange anything but data... :-)

The current tag soup is much more fun. What makes XML so interesting is
that XML *is* real life and it would be spoiled if it was reduced to a
model!

Eric
--
Rendez-vous à Paris.