   Re: [xml-dev] limits of the generic

Ann Navarro scripsit:

> I think this is something forgotten in many of the arguments and
> development cycles of recent technologies. The implementers are far fewer
> than the users. Ease of implementation, IMO, should take a back seat to
> ease of use. That something may take a software developer a few extra hours
> is no reason to make it harder for the author every document produced using
> that technology.

In principle you are right.   But if something is too hard to implement,
would-be implementers and their managers will look at the 1000-page
standard, say "The hell with it" and do something proprietary.   Then
the users have something easier to use, but they are locked-in.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing