   Re: [xml-dev] limits of the generic

Dare Obasanjo <kpako@yahoo.com> writes:

> The XML Query working group is in the process of
> requesting the addition of two new duration types and
> [hopefully] the deprecation of the xs:duration type.

Not to be a troll, but does anybody else have the feeling that the
only sane move would be to /remove/ all this date/time/duration
rubbish from W3C XML Schema and all specs building upon it, instead of
trying to fix it by adding even more stuff?

I understand that handling this kind of data is ugly and people having
to deal with it are happy if someone else does the hard work for them,
but it is hardly that general a problem for the XML user community. I
guess that some designers would also love to rule out color
combinations that look ugly together on a schema-level, but for some
reason nobody requested a color datatype in W3C XML schema...

Regards
Henrik