   RE: [xml-dev] namespaces in XML 1.1 - namespace names become *IRI* refer

A.) Because there was no xs:anyURI type when the XSLT 1.0 recommendation
was written

and more importantly

B.) Prefixes are NCNames not namespace names.

On the other hand, if you are asking why XSLT decided to use prefixes
instead of namespaces (thus the attribute would have been called
exclude-result-namespaces) I assume they did this for brevity so users
don't have to create unweildy lists of namespaces.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Don't think of it as being outnumbered and surrounded, think of it as a

rights.