   OT: Frank Lloyd Wright (was Re: [xml-dev] limits of the generic)

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 02:05:46PM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> I can't help musing: Jonathan called XPath 1.0 Baroque.  I actually would call
> it Attic, and one of the most Attic technologies I've used lately (even more
> so than Python, which lies between Doric and Ionic).  The situation I see with
> xs:duration is not even baroque or byzantine, nor is it saracen.  These would
> imply order even in the complexity.  It's more Surrealistic.  Maybe inspired
> by Frank Lloyd Wright?  (I hope no one from Michigan is lurking about  ;-) )

Uche, I'm shocked that someone of your considerable erudition would make
such an egregious error. Michigan? Nonsense! Wright lived and did much
of his work in Spring Green, Wisconsin--not so very far from your alma
mater. And as an old Wisconsinite, a former architecture student, and a
great admirer of Wright, I should take you to task for the slanderous
gist of your remark. But I'm tired and pressed for time, so I'll let you
off the hook for now.

Do I really need to append this annoying little mark :-) ?

P.S.: What does it mean for a technology to be 'Attic'?

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA