   re: Are hyperlinks presentation or content?

[Tim Bray]

 >That depends on whether you believe hyperlinks are structure (which is
generally believed should
 >be marked-up inline) or presentation (which is generally believed should
be decoupled from
 >content).  I tend to the former, obviously, but I suspect this is a
debate that will outlive us all.  -Tim

I suspect they are in the twilight zone between the two in an area the
database world typically
calls a "view". i.e. you have physical tabular structure but all
interactions are performed through
database "views". These are more aggregational than presentational. They go
through a further
binding to create human-oriented presentations.

I had cause recently to muse that the database concept of a "view" is one
of the more
powerful ideas we somehow lost in the headlong rush to XML
content/presentation dualism.

Come back database view technology: all is forgiven
http://www.propylon.com/html/knowledge/Come_Back_Database_View_Technology_All_is_Forgiven_20020919.html

regards,
Sean