   RE: [xml-dev] re: Are hyperlinks presentation or content?

That was the point I made in the Vancouver speech
at the first hytime conference.  I even wrote a
formula out for it because it had to include
the notion of time (linking into a process)
given a dynamic system.

There is a straightforward analogy of view to
query to hyperlink to function.   Given a decent
relational backend, the hypertext goes back to
being ThinGUI.   Consider what a completely
non-inlined system would look like, or just
pull out the old Windows GUI description files.

A view and topical link look an awful lot alike
is the link is just a control over a query.  As
asked in a thread two weeks ago, what is the advantage
of a topic map over a query?   Why are most linking
tools considered mostly at the presentation layer?

To click on a query.  They are controls.  It is
one reason I am not sanguine about requiring
namespaces as the total solution for glueing
aggregates together.  URIs are system identifiers.

len